The Candid Portrait: A Photographer’s Guide to Candid Street & Travel Photography is written for everybody who wants to learn how to create better portraits in the street.
There are lots of questions that photographers have when starting out in street photography. Is it safe? How do you take photos of people without them noticing? What lenses should you use? Do you need model release forms? What are your legal rights?
And most importantly – how do you make beautiful photos that capture the atmosphere and vitality of the street?
The Candid Portrait takes you on a journey through the world of street and travel photography. It explores the principles and concepts that will help you create stunning photos.
You need to be so familiar with the way your camera works that it becomes an extension of your eye. Once your camera ceases to get in the way you can focus on capturing the extraordinary moments that all street photographers search for.
Then you should get into the mindset of the successful street and travel photographer. The best photographers understand life on the street and how to connect with the people they meet.
The strongest photos are created when the you master the technical and emotional sides of street and travel photography.
This ebook is presented in 20 easy to digest lessons and includes case studies with photographers Barbara Asboth and Peter Dareth Evans.
The Candid Portrait is written for you.
Click the Add to Cart button to make your purchase and start reading your copy of The Candid Portrait: A Photographer’s Guide to Candid Street & Travel Photography right away. Payment is by PayPal or credit/debit card.
Buy the Mastering Photography Bundle for just $80. Click here to see the bundle (shown below) – a saving of $49 on the individual prices.
I’m so confident that my ebooks will help improve your photography that I give you an unconditional guarantee. If, for any reason, you’re not satisfied with your purchase just let me know within six months and I’ll refund the purchase price in full, no questions asked.
Title: The Candid Portrait: A Photographer’s Guide to Candid Street & Travel Photography
Length: 159 double page spreads
Words: approx 34,000
Format: PDF. You can view The Candid Portrait using free Adobe reader software on any PC or tablet. You can also read The Candid Portrait on the iPad using iBooks – it has been optimised for iPad viewing.
1. The philosophy of street and travel photography
2. What you need to know before you start
3. What's the best camera for street photography?
4. Using telephoto lenses for street and travel photography
5. Using short telephoto and standard lenses
6. How to use a wide-angle lens for street photography
7. Camera modes and exposure
8. Focusing techniques for street photography
9. Become an observer of life
10. How to get in the right frame of mind for street photography
Case Study: Barbara Asboth
11. How to make portraits in the street
12. On the road
13. Close to home
14. Find a rich environment
15. Understand the subtleties of light
16. Children in the street
17. How to connect with people through culture
18. How making friends can help you be a better street photographer
19. How the square format can improve your street photography
20. Color or black and white?
Case Study: Peter Dareth Evans
The Black & White Landscape is written for everybody who wants to learn to take...
The Black & White Landscape Companion contains case studies with twelve talented black and white...
Mastering Lenses: A Photographer’s Guide to Creating Beautiful Photos With Any Lens is written for...